Crystal from One Millennial Girl has nominated me for the Liebster award for new bloggers. Crystal shares some great insight on family, fashion and her life as a millennial. Thanks Crystal for the nomination.
Here are the questions she asked her nominees, and my response to them:
1. What are the five things you can’t live without
- High speed internet for streaming shows/ movies & staying in the loop
- Finger foods (especially French fries)
- My space heater (I keep one at home & in my office)
- At least 7 hours of sleep (seriously, anything less than 7 hours & I have the worst next day ever)
- Spicy food ( if I can, I put sriracha & habanero peppers on almost everything)
2. Who is the most important person in your life?
- I would have to say my husband. I met my husband in my undergrad and we have been together through thick & thin for almost 9 years now. He is my rock.
3. Would you consider yourself to be an introvert or an extrovert?
- I am definitely an introvert but have extrovert tendencies. In terms of first encounters and “working the room”, I am introverted, but once I am comfortable with meeting people, you can’t get me to keep quiet sometimes…lol. I also enjoy quiet time alone from time to time to recharge.
4. When is your birthday?
- August… I am a Leo babe 😉
5. What is your favorite T.V show or movie?
- They keep changing, but for now I would say Scandal & Suits
6. What did your childhood self want to be when you grew up?
- A doctor. I actually got enrolled in my undergrad as a Biology student, but switched over to Business Accounting in the end of my second year. I now have a Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting with a minor in Biological Sciences…lol weird combo I know.
7. Are you the only child?
- No, I am the youngest of 6 brothers & sisters, and I wouldn’t change it for the world.
8. If you could take a selfie with any celebrity, who would it be?
- Kerry Washington (Scandal) or Gina Torres (Suits). I love the way they carry themselves…at least on the shows
9. Nsync or Backstreet Boys?
- Backstreet Boys…of course
10. Favorite rapper?
- I have never been a huge fan of rap. I am mostly an R&B and hip-hop girl.
11.What does your dream home look like?
- A cozy 3 bedroom bungalow with a decent sized backyard where my 2-3 unborn kids & dog can play. Smaller sized home, easy to manage & clean…I hate cleaning.
Here are 10 Random facts about Myself:
- I prefer wearing yoga pants, than jeans if I could get away with it… there so comfortable
- I can consume a considerable amount of food for my height & size.
- The only part I don’t like about getting older is the fear of not accomplishing everything I would have liked to do.
- I find trying to keep up with social media exhausting at times…I might be dating myself here.
- Once a month I will have a lazy Saturday where I will order food & binge watch my favorite shows to catch up
- My biggest role models for marriage are my parents. 43 years married & counting.
- I find it very refreshing when people express how they truly feel & speak their mind in a respectful, kind and loving manner. Authenticity is a dying trait in our culture.
- After my experience with money and debt, I value simple living and saving for the future.
- I would love to have 4 kids, but will probably have 2 or 3 because of cost and time. I really enjoyed growing up in a large family.
- The pink ranger was my favorite power ranger when I was a kid. I also loved watching the magic school…randomly watch it on You Tube from time to time.
Here are the questions I chose to ask the bloggers that I nominated:
- What are your top 3 pet peeves?
- If you were allowed a “do-over” moment in your life, what would that be and why?
- If money wasn’t an object what would you do with your time?
- If you were stuck in an elevator for 12 hours, who would you want to be stuck with & why?
- What’s your favorite food of all time?
- What does a typical Saturday afternoon look like for you?
- What trait do you admire the most in yourself and others?
- What was your favorite T.V show growing up as a kid?
- If you could invite a celebrity over for dinner, who would you invite?
- Knowing what you know now about life, what 3 things would you warn your younger self?
- What do you consider a “deal breaker” in a relationship?
My nominees for this award are:
The official rules of the Liebster Award:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
- Answer 11 questions from the Blogger that nominated you.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1,000 followers.
- Ask your nominees to answer 11 questions.
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so they can learn about it and know what to do! (they might not have ever heard of it!)
- Post your Liebster Award blog post link in the comments of your nominator’s Liebster Award Post!